Marine Safety Advice
The Safety Marine team has unrivalled experience and specialist expertise to assist you with a wide range of technical issues relating to safety at sea.
This advice section provides you with an instant and valuable library of information.
However if you have a query about another technical matter, call our expects for FREE advice on Tel: 02380 226300 or email our technical team on email@example.com. We will be delighted to assist.
Anchoring & Windlass
- 10 Practical Tips for Using a Windlass
- How to Choose the Right Anchor Windlass for your Vessel
- A Boat Owners Guide to Choosing an Anchor
- 10 Practical Tips for Anchoring
- How to Size your Anchor and Chain
- 10 Essential Tips to get the Most out of your Bilge Pump – Literally
- A Guide to the Different Types of Bilge Pump
- Choosing a Bilge Pump – Eight Practical Tips
- How to Specify the Right Bilge Pump for your Vessel
- Distress Flares – Essential Advice for you and your Crew
- Expired Distress Flares - What should you do?
- Pains Wessex MK White Hand Flare Recall
Safety Equipment Maintenance
Parachute Sea Anchors
- Parachute Sea Anchors - How to Survive the Storm
- A Small Yacht, a Big Ocean and a Wild Storm
- Parachute Sea Anchors and Drogues - What's the Difference?
- How to choose a liferaft
- ISO Specification Liferafts - What You Need to Know
- Liferaft Service Stations in the UK
- How to Choose a Lifejacket
- How to Maintain Your Lifejacket
- Lifejackets - Our Most Frequently asked Questions
- Man Overboard P1 - What You Should Consider
- Man Overboard P2 - Making Contact
- Man Overboard P3 - Recovering your casualty
Six Tips to Make MOB Recovery Easier
- What you should know about Gas Alarms
- 10 Tips for choosing a Gas Alarm
- Marine Gas Installers Around the UK
- Personal EPIRBs - what use are they really?
- Changes to EPIRB frequencies and the implications for mariners
- Is it worth keeping a 121.5MHz Personal Locator Beacon?
- How to Use Handheld Fire Extinguishers
- How to Inspect and Maintain your Fire Extingisher
- How do Fire Extinguishers Work?
- Engine Fires - Could your insurance be invalid?
- Halon Fire Extinguishers - Are you staying within the Law?
- Fire Fighting Appliances Applicable to Class-12 Vessels (over 45ft)
- Fire Classifications & Fire Extinguisher Types